Student Loan Counseling
We hear comments like this every day:
• I can’t afford to pay my student loans!
• Which student loan repayment option is best for me?
• Should I consolidate my student loans?
Making an uninformed decision can be costly. We will touch on some basic strategies regarding student loan repayment as part of your counseling session. However, for more focused assistance, GreenPath offers two tiers of service to empower you to regain your financial footing:
Student Loan Counseling ($50) – A certified student loan expert will:
- Review each of your student loans. We’ll determine how much you owe, payment terms, and repayment program eligibility for each loan.
- Explore your repayment options. We’ll make sure you understand the pros and cons of each option.
- Develop a customized plan. We’ll provide unbiased advice, and create a personalized plan just for you.
Student Loan Enhanced Support ($200) – The enhanced support session is tailored for borrowers who need additional assistance. This is especially helpful if you’re in default or having trouble with your loan servicer(s). A certified student loan expert will:
- Conduct an in-depth analysis. We’ll guide you in navigating your loan repayment options and do some of the legwork for you. (Includes federal and private student loans.)
- Address delinquent and defaulted loans. We will create a personalized plan to bring your delinquent loans current, and rehabilitate any defaulted loans.
- Help you submit paperwork. If appropriate, we’ll work with you to complete the application process for securing a student loan repayment program.
- Contact your loan servicers(s). We’ll work as your advocate and partner with you every step of way until a final resolution is reached.